The Computer Laboratory is one of the statuory service departments created in the academic brief of the Centre to support academic and non academic activities.
The primary functions and duties of the department are:-
- Computational support for Research Scientists.
- Computational support for Visiting Scientists.
- Foundation/Postgraduate Course support.
- Administrative computing support (Management Information System (MIS)).
- Strategic planning, deployment, implementation and maintenance of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools and services including setting standards for ecxcellent ICT support services.
- Supervision of ICT contracts; ICT resource evaluation.
- IT budget preparation and management.
- Developemt of IT guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Representing the Chief Executive at relevant forum and, liasing with stakeholders and general public in IT matters.
STAFF OF THE DEPARTMENT